16 February 2015

{Outfit Of The Day} ScentSational Experience



If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen the picture I posted from the Elle Fragrance Event at Hyde Park Corner last week. Even though it was a Valentine’s Day event, I decided against an obvious red and pink ensemble and instead chose to wear a blush-toned dress adorned with flower applique detailing on the edge. To contrast the soft, romantic lines of the dress, I popped on a double-breasted boyfriend blazer and finished off the look with tan accessories. The olive green and blush pink colour combination is such a winner in my opinion. 






Dress - Forever New
Blazer - Forever New
Bag - Dune London
Shoes - Miladys


Back to the event itself, the shopping centre was beautifully decorated with gigantic hearts and lips to celebrate the month of love. The snippet from Swan Lake that was performed by the Johannesburg Ballet Theatre added to the dreamy atmosphere of the evening, however the main attraction was the perfumes that we were able to touch, spray and sniff to our heart’s content.



Fragrance and lingerie take centre stage during the weeks leading up to the Day of Love and rightfully so. Fragrance is such a personal item that can boost your confidence in an instant and finding “The One” is a special journey. This analogy had me inspired and I decided to share my fragrance journey with you.


Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger and DKNY Be Delicious, to me, smells like teen spirit. I wore both these fragrances throughout high school and one whiff of either of these scents, takes me back to carefree days hanging out in the corridors before class.


The flirty, fun and sweet scent of both Versace Bright Crystal and Escada Delicate Notes completely embodies my varsity days.


Upon entering the working world and experiencing debit orders, I knew that I had to get a little more serious. As I made the transition, so did my perfume. The adjectives that I would use to describe Chanel’s Chance and Dolce & Gabbana’s Dolce are; fresh, classy and feminine. The same adjectives that I hope to exemplify.

Do you have a signature scent? Let me know in the comment section below. I would love to hear from you.

9 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! Stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. So beautiful Ali. I'm obsessing over your outfit!

    Arum Lilea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne! That means so much coming from you! X

      Delete
  3. You looked so gorgeous! Loved your outfit!

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did you Cass! :) Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I love EVERYTHING about this outfit! The detailing on that dress is absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chereen! I appreciate your comment so! :)

      Delete

 
Seams and Silhouettes © 2015.

Design by The Blog Boat