26 January 2015

{Brand Spotlight} Revlon

To start off my new beauty series “Brand Spotlight”, I decided to review a make-up brand that we have come to know, trust and love. Revlon products are widely available in an array of South African stores and fairly affordable thus making this brand a very accessible one indeed. Despite the familiarity you may have towards Revlon, I hope that my reviews of the products that I currently use in my make-up routine offer you more insight into our favourite drugstore brand.


Revlon ColorStay Stay Natural Normal/Dry Skin

I’m a diehard fan of BB and CC Creams however I do have to confess that at times and for certain occasions, the coverage falls short. Enter Revlon’s ColorStay Stay Natural foundation for normal/dry skin. The lightweight liquid formula offers medium coverage which is buildable. It provides enough coverage without the product appearing cakey and heavy on my skin. The product is easily blended and delivers a natural finish – attributes akin to those of Beauty Balms. My favourite feature of this foundation though is that it was specifically designed for dry skin and is thus particularly hydrating and doesn’t accentuate any of my dry patches. Due to this however, the formula is not completely mattifying and a touch of powder is required. Overall, I rate this product highly and reach for it often. Additional perks include; its staying power, the dispensing pump and the price. Available at Dis-Chem for R215.



Revlon PhotoReady Eyeshadow Palettes

The packaging of these palettes is most definitely what drew me in. The layout of the eye shadows allows for easy application and there are a variety of perfectly harmonised colour palettes to choose from. The colour intended for the lid is generously pigmented whereas the other, lighter colours function perfectly as highlighters and transitional shades. All the eye shadows within the palette blend beautifully together with ease. Available at Red Square for R199.

Revlon PhotoReady Eye Primer and Brightener

The lightweight consistency that is dispensed through the brush applicator glides onto my eyelid and offers a smooth base for my eye shadow. Although I’m not too sure about the brightening effects, the product definitely functioned as a primer and prolonged the life of my eye shadow. It did not cause any irritation around the sensitive eye area as it is oil, fragrance and paraben-free.

Revlon ColorBurst Matte and Lacquer Balms

Still my favourite lip product of all time, a Revlon ColorBurst Balm will always be in my handbag until discontinuation do us part. They offer long-wearing colour with a formula that doesn’t dry out your lips and is in fact very moisturising upon application. The pigmented shades are easily applied due to its crayon-like design and the colours are buildable. An assortment of shades is widely available and each balm retails for R120.

Revlon has so many other little treasures like these that I'm looking forward to discovering. Please share your favourite Revlon product with me in the comment section below. I would love to know.



4 comments:

  1. Definitely my favourite drugstore brand! The PhotoReady-range and lip balms (original and matte are my favourite) are a staple in my makeup arsenal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can see from the condition of my lip balms - I feel the same way! Thanks for stopping by Nadia! :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pics! Fab review. Revlon have so many great products. I love their balm stains. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chicara! They certainly do! :)

      Delete

 
Seams and Silhouettes © 2015.

Design by The Blog Boat