22 December 2014

Christmas 2014: DIY Decor


My family and I are hosting Christmas lunch at our place this year which makes me even more excited for the 25th to roll around. I absolutely love throwing dinner parties and one of my favourite aspects of hosting is most definitely the décor. Christmas decorations are extra fun and so I decided to share with you what I have put together for this year’s table. 


Thanks to Pinterest, glass Mason jars have become all the rage. I jumped on the bandwagon and wrapped pretty Christmas ribbon around Consol jars and attached merry-worded tags to the neck of the jars. These jars can be filled with anything from sweets for the kids, to cocktails for the mommies. It is easy to see the appeal of these jars – they are so versatile!


I chose to fill my newly decorated jars with greenery and accompanied the jars with adorable reindeer ornaments. This little fella and his pals were originally white but after a coat or two of silver spray paint, they matched my colour scheme perfectly.


I hope that I have provided you with a little bit of Christmas décor inspiration and I wish you a joyous festive season with your loved ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Seams and Silhouettes © 2015.

Design by The Blog Boat