20 August 2014

Six Pix: Tried, Tested, Loving


Scoop, Scrub, Soft… get your feet ready for summer with this divine foot scrub from Blendbox. Blendbox is a proudly South African brand that is opposed to the use of synthetic drug compounds within beauty products and has thus adopted a holistic philosophy when producing their products. Each product contains a carefully selected combination of essential oils, each with their own therapeutic properties, to produce a formulated blend that achieves a desired effect.

The foot scrub that I received at the most recent BWB get-together contains a combination of Grapeseed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Citrus Limon (Lemon extract). The sugar granules exfoliate my skin while the oils ensure that my feet are left moisturised and soft. The refreshing citrus scent adds to the invigorating experience. Email Blendbox here to place your order. This product is definitely a must-have for your pedicure kit.


Bioderma's Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution is, in my opinion, THE BEST make-up remover out there. With only a quarter of my cotton wool pad soaked in the solution, my make-up is easily removed. After using the product on my face I experience no irritation around my eyes, no burning/tingling sensation on my skin, no oily residue or stickiness and my skin is not left feeling tight and dehydrated. All that is left is make-up free skin that feels clean. Basically, if you are feeling lazy, you can go straight to bed without even washing your face. This product is just brilliant and definitely worth a try. Available at Dischem and Clicks stores for around R170.

An additional tip - rest the cotton wool on top of your eyelids and eyelashes for about 10 seconds to ensure the removal of stubborn mascara.


I am rather sceptical when it comes to bright lipsticks because I think my mouth just wasn’t designed to wear them. Having said that, the Bourjois’ Rouge Edition Velvet range had me stepping out to an event, bravely wearing the bold ‘Peach Club’. This is no ordinary lipstick as I’m sure you can deduct from the lipgloss-like applicator. The liquid formula has a light, smooth consistency with a matte finish. The colour is highly pigmented and very long lasting. Trust me, you will need the product mentioned previously to remove it! The range boasts eight different colours, all available at Clicks for around R130 each. This was the perfect product to help me overcome my bright lipstick fears, thank you Bourjois!


If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen here that I’m currently trying out another Bourjois product - the So Laque Glossy nail polish in Peach and Love. There are seven different colours available in the range and each one is absolutely beautiful – I want them all! The agile little brush provides for easy application ensuring an even, non-streaky finish. The formula is enriched with vinyl for an ultra-glossy shine. That means no top coat is needed ladies. This is most definitely a must-have product for summertime. Available at Clicks for R96. 

I have recently become a huge fan of the Bourjois brand. Another product that I absolutely love and use daily is their 1001 Lashes mascara


Before I discuss the next product, I must first send a big congratulations to the wonderful team at Nanita Dalton salon who recently won the award for the best aesthetic institute in South Africa. I got Dermalogica’s Sheer Tint from them and this is what Dermalogica have to say about the product;

“A Lightly-tinted hydrating treatment that provides an all-day sheer wash of colour. Natural, light-diffusing Iron Oxides provide translucent colour for radiant skin, while Broad Spectrum sunscreens shield against damaging UV rays. Hydrolysed Pearl amino acids, hydrating cross-linked Hyaluronic Acid and antioxidant Walnut Seed extracts help improve skin texture and reduce the appearance of fine dehydration lines. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colours.” 

This tinted moisturiser has become my go-to weekend skin product because of its lightweight formula and moisturising effects. It differs from BB creams in that the moisturising effect takes priority over coverage. This isn't just some make-up product. It’s skincare. Available in three different shades at Dermalogica stores and selected salons for R620.


Lastly, (and I’ll make it quick because I feel like this post may be turning into a short story) I received this heavenly hand cream for my birthday from Gina, a S&S reader. The cream absorbs instantly and doesn’t leave my hands feeling sticky or greasy. It provides fair hydration and it is said to protect against the appearance of brown spots. I use this hand cream every night mostly because of the smell. The soft, feminine rose scent of this hand cream has become my favourite smell EVER! My tube is nearly finished so I will have to pop over to The Body Shop soon.

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try the Bioderma!! The only thing holding me back was the perceived price, but now I see that it's totally affordable. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure! Let me know what you think once you have tried it. Thanks for stopping by! Xxx

      Delete
  2. Yay!! So happy you're loving the hand cream - it's one of my favourites too!
    I went out and bought that same nail polish after seeing your Instagram pic - its so lovely for Spring! Have Gelish on at the moment but can't wait to try it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've mentioned a few of my absolute favourites in this post but now I'm dying to try the Bourjois goodies :)

    Loren | www.minkys.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy these posts because I feel it gives me some much needed guidance. Really keen to try some Bourjois products now.
    X

    Lauren| www.CKO-coolkidsonly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. You should definitely give Bourjois products a try, I'm sure you will love them just as much as I do. X

      Delete

 
Seams and Silhouettes © 2015.

Design by The Blog Boat