2 July 2014

All About The Lips

Finding a lip balm that combats dry, chapped lips can be quite a challenge. I would suggest avoiding lip balms that contain camphor, phenol, menthol or OL (alcohol) because they just dry out your lips even more. As for the best on the market… well, you just have to figure out what works best for you. In this post, I take you through some of the lip balms that I am currently using and some of their key characteristics.

Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 is a petrolatum based skin protectant said to help protect lips from the drying effects of wind and cold weather. The texture is similar to that of Vaseline and leaves my lips moisturised and with a glossy glow. This lip balm is definitely great for winter and it is available in an array of flavours differing in smell. I especially love the smell of the Mango and Vanilla flavours. I am however not particularly fond of the fact that I have to squeeze out the product and apply it with my finger. The thought of spreading germs around my mouth freaks me out. 

Maybelline Baby Lips come in a variety of flavours. I own Pink Punch, Peach Kiss and Mint Fresh but there are still a few more for me to collect. Each lip balm has a lovely light, moisturising formula and a delicious smell to match its name. In addition to the cute packaging, I also love that the coloured lip balms leave behind a light tint on my lips. Their easy application and affordability make them a must-have in your handbag.

Labello Lip Butter has a very thick consistency that relieves dry lips instantaneously. The formula contains Shea Butter and Almond Oil which provides intense nourishment. The Raspberry Rose flavour leaves a slight pink shine on my lips however once again, I’m not a fan of the fact that I have to rub my finger in the container to apply the product.

EOS lip balm has a very atypical shape but it’s a large part of this product’s charm. It is not available in South Africa so naturally, I let out a bit of a squeal when my friend, Tanya, started applying hers in front of me. A few weeks later, she gifted me with my very own Strawberry Sorbet EOS lip balm which she received from her aunt’s international travels. (Yes, my friends are awesome, I know!) Tanya said she had never seen someone’s eyes gleam so intensely at a lip balm. Of course, I had reason to! It smells absolutely divine and leaves my lips feeling smooth and soft. Despite that it doesn’t add any colour or shine to my lips and the irregular shape makes it impractical for pockets, I still love this product and would love to collect the other flavours. 

6 comments:

  1. I really love the labello lip butter, I rub the entire thing on my lips so I don't use my fingers, at least that works when It's still got lots in. I wanted to purchase more flavours but they are sold out everywhere I checked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea Lizna! Thanks for stopping by! X

      Delete
  2. I find the Kiehl's lip balm lasts on my lips and keeps them feeling so soft and moisturised all day - I have the pear flavour which is so yum! Love the EOS balms just cos they look so different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the pear does sound good - I should give it a try! Thanks Gina! X

      Delete
  3. I'm loving the new look of your blog - the colouring and details are so pretty! :) I love each lip balm you have chosen for this post! I swear by them all. But I also love Blistex DCT - it's the only lip balm that keeps my lips SO SOFT for so long! :)

    Loren | www.minkys.co.za

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing hun! So sweet!

      Yeah, the Blistex DCT is really great too! Thanks for stopping by! X

      Delete

 
Seams and Silhouettes © 2015.

Design by The Blog Boat