24 March 2014

Fashion Week Outfit Of The Day


The lovely Tash invited me along to Mercedes Benz Fashion Week at the Sandton Convention Centre this past weekend. The moment I arrived I had instant goosies. It was magical. Fash people dressed fabulously everywhere – embracing who they are.

Tash and I saw a few next generation menswear designers, Leigh Schubert and finally, Avant Apparel. They were all amazing but AvantApparel blew everyone away with their beautifully structured garments. The dramatic silhouettes boasted luxurious textured fabrics stained in rich autumn shades. The designers received a standing ovation and deservingly so. Watching that collection, put fuel onto my fashion fire. Take a look at the full collection here.

To the splendid showcase, I decided to wear this beautifully embellished raw silk Topshop dress that I picked up for around R70 at one of their recent sales. Yeah I know, my shopping skills – it’s a gift. The coat I bought years ago from Woolworths and it was a pragmatic addition as it was rather chilly that night. I finished off the outfit with a pair of Luella animal print heels, gold rings from Mr Price and midi rings from Topshop because who would I be without donning a little print and ring bling?

Let me know what you think. I (along with the friends that know me, I’m sure) can’t believe I’m in front of a camera. It’s only taken me about a year! Gosh! I also can’t believe that I’m blonde but that’s a whole nother story.




Dress: Topshop
Shoes: Luella
Coat: Woolworths
Bag: Forever New
Rings: Mr Price
Midi Rings: Topshop

10 comments:

  1. ooooooooh. PHOTOS OF YOU??? I cannot believe. But, I am so excited - you look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally a big deal! I might have had a few anxiety attacks before I pushed publish. Thanks hun!

      Delete
  2. Yay for photos of you!!!! I loved what you were wearing by the way!! Totally gorgeous. So excited to have met you!

    Arum Lilea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! You looked amazing too! Thanks for popping by! :-)

      Delete
  3. I love your outfit!! The dress for R70? No ways! You look gorgeous! And I love your nails :)

    Loren | www.hellominkys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!! Best buy EVER!!! I used OPI's liquid sand, which is amazing. Thank you hun and thanks for stopping by! X

      Delete
  4. Loving the pics! Yay. That dress looks gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chicara! Means a lot to me! X

      Delete
  5. thats some sexy dress you had on there. love love those shoes.

    xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vhutali! I'm glad you popped by! I'm obsessed with them too! :-)

      Delete

 
Seams and Silhouettes © 2015.

Design by The Blog Boat