28 February 2014

Lush Review: Marilyn Hair Treatment and More


Last month I was lucky enough to frequent the gorgeous city of Cape Town twice. There, I finally got to experience the lusciousness that is a Lush store. It was lovelier than I had could have imagined and I spent a good half hour ogling, touching and sniffing all the products. The staff at the V&A Waterfront store were absolutely fabulous that day and after dropping a few compliments (which totally made my day) they intricately explained and recommended products to me. I was mainly interested in the bath bombs as they are the easiest to travel with (I didn’t want to risk any leakage of precious liquid!) After purchasing a few bath bombs for my mom and I, that fabulous staff I was talking about gifted me with a Marilyn Hair Treatment. I bet they could tell that going from brunette to blonde had left my hair in dire straits.

The Marilyn Hair Treatment is said to provide softness, brightness and shine for blonde hair. Some ingredients include softening linseed gel, chamomile for lightness and to calm your scalp, saffron for golden colour, lemon for shine and olive oil to moisturise your hair. It also lightens hair gradually.

When reading reviews on beauty products it is important to remember that some people might experience a product differently than others. I’m emphasising this point here because during my research of the Marilyn Hair Treatment, I came across some negative reviews about it. My encounter with the product however was particularly pleasant; my hair seems to love it. To be honest, the product doesn’t look too appealing nor does it smell great but the same can be said about brussels sprouts and that we know is good for you. I truly do believe that the Marilyn Hair Treatment is good for my hair. I apply the treatment directly onto my dry hair 20 minutes prior to my usual shampoo and condition. After I used the product, my mother (the critic of all critics) commented on how full, blonde and healthy my hair looked. Every time I use the product I have a great hair day. Not only does my hair look good but it feels as soft as silk too.

The 225g tub retails at R155.00 and provided me with about 6 treatments but this is mostly due to the fact that I have very fine hair, I’m sure girls with thicker or more hair would diminish the product a lot faster. I also don’t believe my hair got progressively blonder throughout the treatment. The brightness only existed directly after the application. Nonetheless, the treatment has come to be my hair’s Sunday afternoon staple.

Also photographed in the picture is the Sunny Side bubble bar. If you haven’t tried a Lush bubble bar or bath bomb, get familiar! There are so many to choose from; they all smell so great and transform bath time into a good time. Sunny Side particularly, turns your bath water into a glittering gold liquid topped with a generous layer of whispering bubbles. The water becomes divinely soft and in turn makes your skin soft without leaving any gold or glitter residue on your skin (the same however cannot be said for the bath tub). Your bathroom is enveloped by a tantalising citrus aroma which no words can actually do any justice. At R48.50 a pop it’s not cheap but well worth it. If you cut your bar in two then you can delight in the experience more than once.     

4 comments:

  1. You're back! And with a vengeance - LOVE the way you write. Your beauty reviews are the only ones that don't bore me to death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tam!!! That means a lot coming from you because I know you're not a "give compliments you don't mean" kinda girl!

      Delete
  2. I always spot the sunnyside bubble bar and it always looks so pretty. I will definitely try it now. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you want to know more details for the hair fall treatment then visit here http://beforeitsnews.com/healthcare/2014/06/how-stop-hair-fall-treatment-men-and-women-gurgaon-2456742.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Seams and Silhouettes © 2015.

Design by The Blog Boat