4 December 2013

Review: Physicians Formula


Let me introduce you to a brand that you may not be familiar with. I was most certainly unaware of Physicians Formula products until I found their Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder and Plump Potion Lip Plumping Cocktail in my goodie bag.

Almost a month after receiving the products I managed to muster up the courage to remove the products from their packaging and actually use them, dum dum dum… this being a big deal for the OCD freak that lives inside me. If that freak had her way she would preserve the prettiness forever.

As you can see from the pictures, the products are indeed pretty. The powder is embossed with differently shaded hearts. The combination of colours allows it to double as a blush and as an all over bronzer as it’s not as dark as it might appear in the pan. The pop of pink adds just the right amount of flush to your skin and the subtle shimmer within the powder truly does leave your skin with a radiant glow. The powder is velvety soft and blends easily. Under the powder, a hidden compartment provides you with a high quality mirror and a brush that is more cute than practical. Overall this product does indeed boost my happiness. It's just so darn pretty looking!


The lip gloss is also packaged beautifully with the tube resembling a syringe. Physicians Formula claims you can “get fuller, plumper looking lips without painful injections or harsh irritating ingredients in only 60 seconds.” I do believe that the formula, including the slight shimmer within the lip gloss, made my lips appear fuller however the texture is very sticky and thick when applied. The product leaves a tingling sensation on my lips which is most probably a result of the menthol which is included as an ingredient. Additionally, where the powder has a lovely floral scent, the lip gloss smells like medicine. The lip gloss is available in other shades.

The powder is R179.00 and the lip gloss is R139.00 available from Dischem stores. I loved the powder so much that I just had to get the Mineral Glow Pearls Powder Palette as a birthday gift for a friend.

6 comments:

  1. Great review!
    Thank you so much! Sending this to the sponsor now!
    I cannot wait to try mine! hehe
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johlet! Haha, have you still not opened yours either! Do it, you'll love it!

      Delete
  2. I am still loving my powder - so many compliments on it!
    Haven't tried the Lip Plumper yet, interested to smell the medicine smell you mentioned.. and I really don't like sticky lipgloss, my hair always manages to find itself stuck to my lips!

    Cocktails & Memories
    http://cocktailsandorgies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! I've experienced those hair-stuck-to-lips moments... publicly! So awkies! Let me know if you agree with my description of the smell when you open it.

      Delete
  3. I still haven't been able to use the powder, I am exactly the same - just can't ruin the design... :(

    But alas, you have motivated me to open up the little compact and start using it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! ;-) Do it, I'd love to know what you think!

      Delete

 
Seams and Silhouettes © 2015.

Design by The Blog Boat