22 November 2013

JHB Blogger Meet Up and Balm Balm Review

I was very fortunate to attend the JHB blogger meet up organised by the lovely Johlet from Our Journey to Everywhere recently. Johlet went above and beyond and the day could not have turned out any better. Vovo Telo Parkhurst served the most scrumptious breakfast. Thirsts were quenched with ice cold bottles of Vitamin Water and the speaker for the day, Sue Levy, left us inspired with her thoughts on blogging.


The highlight of the event for me however was getting to meet all my fellow bloggers. In my world, it’s not often that I come across girls that actually enjoy talking about clothes, shoes and beauty products so it was refreshing meeting girls I had something in common with. I loved putting a face to the Twitter handles and getting to know the ladies behind the blogs that captivate me on a daily basis. All the ladies were super sweet with kind and uplifting words. I’ve mentioned this before on the blog but I’ll say it again; I truly do love it when women build each other up instead of compete with each other. I’m totally not a fan of smug, arrogant, condescending mean girls unless you’re Regina George of course. So thank you ladies and I hope we make a cake date soon.

And then there were the goodie bagsssssss!!! I felt like a little girl on Christmas morning as I rummaged through the heaps of products that I poured out onto my bedroom floor later that day. A very big thank you to all the sponsors who contributed to this event. Over the next few weeks I will be blogging about the gifts I received, starting with a brand that I’ve been wanting to try for a while now; Balm Balm.


As someone with very sensitive skin, I appreciate a brand that is committed to delivering products that are 100% organic and 100% natural and as an animal lover, I wholeheartedly support that none of Balm Balm's products are tested on animals. I was bound to love this brand before I even tried it but after experimenting with the Rose Geranium multi-purpose lip balm this week, I can honestly say I LOVE this product and will most definitely buy it in the future.


Firstly, it smells amazing. Like really amazing. I’m a sucker for anything that smells like roses. The lip balms are also available in Tea Tree and Fragrance Free varieties. Secondly, the lightweight liquid solution is easily applied, adding a healthy looking shine to my lips. Lastly and probably the most important aspect of a lip balm for me is that it really doesn’t dry out my lips AT ALL. A great tip I picked up from Balm Balm’s website is that this lip balm can be used to moisturise any little dry patch of skin including your elbows (because dry elbows are never cute).

Overall, I’m very impressed and can’t wait to try out some of the other products they have on offer. For South African readers, Balm Balm products are available here. All their products are beautifully packaged in carbon neutral packaging decorated in organic inks and the products are very reasonably priced. Balm Balm FTW!

10 comments:

  1. I am also a huge fan of Balm Balm. And not being tested on animals is a huge thing for me.

    It is going to take us forever to get through everything - it is so freaking awesome! hahahahaha!

    Cocktails & Memories
    http://cocktailsandorgies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! There is so much and I like to try out a product for at least a week to get the 'whole experience' ;-) At this rate, I'll still be blogging about this stuff well into the new year.

      So great to meet you at the event!

      Delete
  2. I am obsessed with any of Balm Balm's products! LUSH and Balm Balm are my top 2 most mentioned brands on my blog. :)

    It was so lovely meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now I can see why! It was so great to meet you too!!! Hopefully see you around soon! Thanks for the comment! X

      Delete
  3. Oooh love the post!!!
    Thank you so much for joining us and I loved meeting you!
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and THANK YOU for organising such an awesome event! It was so great to meet you too! X

      Delete
  4. I also love Balm Balm !! Thanks for this great review !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping by! Glad you enjoyed the review!

      Delete

 
Seams and Silhouettes © 2015.

Design by The Blog Boat