16 October 2013

Skin Heroes

I have very sensitive skin. Over the years I’ve had to learn how to manage the symptoms through the use of MANY different creams, ointments and medication on a trial and error basis. As I’ve gotten older it has definitely improved with only the occasional flare ups. During these periods my skin doesn’t properly retain moisture and my skin becomes extremely dry, irritated and inflamed. My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil Restoraderm body wash and moisturiser as well as Eczeane Cold Cream Thermal. Now I will share my experience with these products with those of you that may still have dry skin from the winter months.


Cetaphil Restoraderm Skin Restoring Body Wash is a ‘gentle, non-irritating foaming cleanser that can help maintain the skin barrier function’ and I personally even use it on my face. It can be purchased at Dischem for R189.95.

The moisturiser was formulated to hydrate very dry atopic skin and can be used over your entire body including your face. I’m sure you are visualising a thick cream with an oily consistency that will leave your legs sticky and unable to get into skinny jeans. Well, this is not the case at all. The cream is light and gets absorbs into your skin immediately without leaving a sticky residue. This product can also be purchased at Dischem for R189.95.00 and it’s the product I’d take with me if I were ever deserted on an island.

For additional hydration for those stubborn dry patches I used Eczeane Cold Cream Thermal. It is made in France and contains Spring Water as one of the core ingredients which is evident from the watery consistency of the cream. Unlike the Cetaphil moisturiser, this cream is very concentrated and leaves an oily film on the skin. Having said that, it is absolutely just what the doctor ordered for VERY dry skin.

Thanks to these three products my skin is back to normal and I can start to experiment with other beauty products from now onwards and most importantly share my findings with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Seams and Silhouettes © 2015.

Design by The Blog Boat