14 August 2013

The Cream of the Crop Top

Who doesn’t like a good face-off? Right? Our crop top queens happen to be two Disney Princesses but there can only be one crowned the ultimate grand supreme of crop tops. Duh-duh duh duh.

In the Blue corner we have Miley Cyrus with her dumb “I want to separate myself from my child star persona and be treated like a real woman” hair that makes her look like a bobblehead figurine.

In the Purple corner we have the annoyingly squeaky clean Selena Gomez. (No, I will not make a Justin Bieber funny because I’m rather fond of the brat.)


My imagination is rather animated and I can’t help picturing both of them duking it out over everything and anything. Imagine a “who can blow the biggest bubblegum bubble” showdown or a dance-off where; as the music reaches a crescendo, Selena starts to belly dance faster and faster and Miley is twerking more furiously than Nicki Nicki at the Billboard Music Awards. Can’t you just see it? Alas, this is just a measly “who wore it better” battle and personally I love all of Selena’s ensembles. They’re youthful and well put together. Call me bias but Selena wins this one hands down. Although I really am very thankful and do appreciate Miley for shining the light on the very important issue of white female twerking, her reinvention leaves me questioning our generation. Total makeUNDER in my opinion. It's kinda cray cray, right? Anyone agree with me?

2 comments:

  1. I "LOL'ed" at this my girl!! And to show you how much I loved this post I even used annoying Cape Town language in my comment which I know you love ;) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it made you LOL. Ah yes, you know me well. I love my slang!

    ReplyDelete

 
Seams and Silhouettes © 2015.

Design by The Blog Boat