28 February 2013

New York Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2013

“These streets will make you feel brand new, big lights will inspire you”

I travelled to New York City just before my 21st birthday and I remember thinking to myself as I laid eyes on Times Square for the first time ‘it looks exactly like it does in the movies but brighter, almost glowing.’ The pulse was tangible. I get goosebumps just typing about it. It was a magical, exhilarating and inspiring experience that turned out to be a pivot point in my life.

Twice a year the infamous Big Apple is injected with a generous dose of creative energy… fashion energy in the form of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. I can only imagine that experiencing New York City over that time would render all adjectives useless. It is definitely on my bucket list.

Here are some images from a few of the shows. The print and leather trends are still strewn throughout a lot of collections with the oversized/sporty look and camouflage prints joining as trends for Autumn/Winter 2013. I would also advise you start looking for knee high socks.


Diane von Furstenberg

DKNY

Donna Karan 

Herve Leger by Max Azria

Jason Wu

Marc by Marc Jacobs

Monique Lhuillier

Rebecca Minkoff

Red Valentino

Reem Acra

St. John

Alice + Olivia

 Jenny Packham

Oscar de le Renta

Rodarte

Victoria Beckham

Vera Wang

Calvin Klein

J.Mendel

Marchesa
\
Michael Kors

 Rachel Roy

Ralph Lauren





And finally, lets discuss Cara Delevingne; Miss Model of the Moment. I had my doubts at first but after seeing her in action on Fashion TV – this girl brings it! She can bring an outfit to life like no other. I dub the Queen Cara of the Catwalk. Obsessed!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for summing up Fashion Week so perfectly! So great seeing all the best outfits together in one place :) Inspired for the season!

    ReplyDelete

 
Seams and Silhouettes © 2015.

Design by The Blog Boat